Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Another Great Year at Q

I just returned from the Q Conference in Washington, D.C., where I had the pleasure of engaging with leaders from all over the world on issues spanning all areas of culture.  I look forward to this conference every year because of the personal development and relationships that have occurred every year since I first attended Q three years ago.  And this year was no exception.  As you'll see in some upcoming blogs that dive deeper into some of the topics we explored at the conference, I was challenged once again to think about issues that I haven't explored and to consider how I can worship God in new and exciting ways.  I also was able to have conversations with several leaders about how we can collaborate to love orphans around the world with excellence.  I can't wait to see how those conversations bear themselves out in the future.

A couple (of many) examples of topics covered at the conference that you'll hear more about in future blogs are how technology has caused our relationships to suffer, how we need to slow down and actually cut down the amount of media and technology we use, how churches today are actually teaching on the use of contraceptives to address sex outside of marriage, and Os Guinness on the Future of Freedom.

So stay tuned for some interesting conversations in the next couple weeks.  Also, for those of you in the West, next year's Q is in Los Angeles - if you can make it, I am certain that you won't be disappointed by your experience.

No comments:

Post a Comment